See below if you are interested in pursuing the Air Liaison Officer (ALO) Career Field.
SUSPENSE DATE: Applications due NLT 25 Mar 16 via email to ACC/A3JC
POC: ACC/A3JC/Capt James Kearneyfirstname.lastname@example.org
TASKER: Notify and assist interested cadets graduating in calendar years 2016 and 2017 with the 13L Phase I application process
1. The purpose of this message is to announce the application deadline for AFROTC cadets interested in becoming a 13L Air Liaison Officer. This announcement is intended for cadets that are scheduled to graduate/commission in calendar years 2016 and 2017. Those selected will attend Phase II ALO Aptitude Assessment (AAA) scheduled on 22-28 May 16 at Camp Bullis, Texas.
2. ALO Phase I Application Packages must contain the following:
a. ALO Candidate Data Summary (version 9):
NOTE: AFROTC cadets must obtain Operations Flight Commander and Detachment Commander’s endorsement in blocks 15 and 16 of the ALO candidate summary sheet
b. Hazardous duty volunteer statement
c. Memorandum of release from AFSC. This is a prerequisite to compete for 13L. For crossflow candidates, the functional manager at AFPC must release the applicant from their current AFSC to compete for 13L. All AFROTC cadets who have been classified must obtain a conditional release from AFPC/DP2LT to apply for ALO. Contact Mr. Donald Taylor at AFPC/DP2LT. You won’t lose your current AFSC unless/until you are selected at AAA.
d. Current physical: AFROTC cadets who do not have access to a local flight surgeon are exempt from obtaining the ground based controller (GBC) physical for Phase I and will instead submit a DoDMERB
e. Physical Fitness: Physical Aptitude Stamina Test (PAST)
f. Last three OPRs/EPRs (as applicable). In-Garrison Training/Field Training reports are acceptable for AFROTC candidates if the candidate has not received OPRs.
g. Scan and email completed ALO candidate application packages to Capt James Kearney at: email@example.com
3. More information on the ALO application process can be found in the attachment titled “Spring 16 Callout Message”. The point of contact for this program is the 13L FAM, Capt James Kearney, ACC/A3JC, phone DSN 574-8384, commercial 757-764-8384 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Spring 16 Callout Message
2. ALO Candidate Summary Form V9
3. Hazardous Duty Volunteer Letter
4. AFPC Release Approval Letter
5. 13L Physical Ability and Stamina Test (PAST) Criteria