Good Afternoon Det 075! Here’s another great opportunity and experience for those wanting to serve as Battlefield Airmen.
Combat Rescue Officer Shadow and Orientation Week (CROSHOW) – 2014 Fall Session
- Air Combat Command will sponsor one 5-day CROSHOW events to be hosted by the 357th Rescue Group at Davis-Monthan AFB AZ, 13-20 December 2014.
- Eligibility: To be eligible, cadets must:
- Be male.
- Have completed AFROTC Field Training prior to attendance.
- Be in good standing with AFROTC and college academic programs.
- Successfully complete USAF Combat Rescue Officer Fitness Test IAW CRO Assessment Program guidelines (http://www.acc.af.mil/library/guardianangel.asp). The Fitness Test may be administered by:
- AFROTC Det cadre or a qualified AFRS recruiter who is familiar with CRO Fitness Test procedures.
- Operators: Combat Rescue Officer (CRO), Special Tactics Officer (STO), Pararescue (PJ), and Combat Controllers (CCT), and Special Operation Weather Team (SOWT).
- Refer to the CRO Assessment Program for specific admin procedures .
- Be able to fully participate in physically challenging events.
- Have no known disqualifying medical conditions.
- CRO candidates are required to obtain an Initial Flying Class III Special Warfare Initial Clearance (SWIC) prior to attending formal training. Cadets are not required to complete this physical to attend the orientation course. However, cadets with known medical conditions that would prevent them from gaining flying status at a later date should not apply.
- Application Procedures: Each detachment may nominate qualified cadets who meet the highest standards expected by the AFROTC. Only the best and brightest cadets should apply. The PDF scanned application must be submitted to CRO.Selection@us.af.mil NLT 3 October 2014. The application must be emailed from Detachment cadre. The application must include:
- A completed application cover sheet. It must be clearly printed or typed.
- One-page memo written by the cadet on why he should be invited to attend CROSHOW.
- Selection Notification: Cadets selected to attend CROSHOW will be notified through their chain of command NLT 8 October 2014.
- For more detailed description of what the CROSHOW experience is like from a cadet’s perspective, contact Det 075’s own Phase Zero Club.