FAQ

1. How do I apply for a scholarship?
2. What does an Air Force scholarship give me?
3. Do I wear a uniform?
4. Do I have to pay for a uniform?
5. What is a typical week for a freshman in ROTC?
6. Can I come and visit the detachment?
7. What events does the detachment partake in?
8. How does ROTC fit into your degree plan?
9. Can I major in any degree and still be in ROTC?
10. Are you required to live on campus as a cadet?
11. What kind of degree do I need to get a scholarship?
12. Will the Air Force pay for me to get my masters?

1. How do I apply for a scholarship?

Application for an Air Force ROTC scholarship can be found on the Air Force ROTC website.

A scholarship, dependent on the type, will pay for your tuition and fees for the college you go to, give you a book stipend, and a grade stipend. Contact us for information on the tax-free stipend for scholarships.

3. Do I wear a uniform?

Yes, cadets are required to wear a uniform at their host university only during the duty day from 0800 to 1700 while on campus.

4. Do I have to pay for a uniform?

No, cadets do not have to pay for uniforms. All cadets are given uniforms once they have joined.

Every tuesday, cadets will attend leadership laboratory from 0600-0800 and a mandatory physical training from 0800-0900. Cadets are then required to attend one additional hour physical training session per week. Various physical training sessions are offered at different times and locations and they also may vary every semester.

6. Can I come and visit the detachment?

Yes, anyone interested in becoming a cadet or seeing what it’s like to be a cadet is welcome to come to our detachment at any time. Contact our Recruiting Flight Commander for arrangements.

Cadets at Det 075 are involved in community service events, recruiting events, intramural sports including soccer, football, volleyball, softball, and basketball.

ROTC is simply additional courses that you take on top of your degree courses. However, with these ROTC courses, some of them may count towards your degree.

Yes, anyone attending college is allowed to major in any field they are interested in.

No, at Det 075 cadets are not required to live on campus.

Scholarships are given out to all degrees. However, a technical degree is considered more valuable to the Air Force than a non-technical degree. Because of this more scholarships are given to students majoring in a technical degree, but non-tech scholarships are still given out. If you are unsure whether a degree is technical or not, the visit www.afrotc.com for a list of technical and non-technical degrees.

Yes, the Air Force will pay for someone in the Air Force to get a masters. However, it is not possible for the Air Force to pay for everyone’s. Instead it’s based off of the needs of the Air Force.