Join us to help with the Special Olympics at SDSU. You have the opportunity to participate and work with special needs people in the area through a fun flag football event. For more information contact C/Lopez.
When: Sunday, March 8 at 1200
Where: ENS-70 (Music Field)
POC: C/Lopez (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank
Volunteers primarily work at the Food Bank’s warehouse, completing a variety of essential tasks, most of which involve inspecting, sorting, and packing food for distribution. For more information, follow this link. Available volunteer dates are these Saturday Evenings:
- March 26: 6-8
- April 2: 6-8
- May 9: 8-11
- May 30: 8-11 & 12:30-2:30
Surf Rider Foundation, San Diego County
The Surfrider Foundation San Diego County Chapter and San Diego Coastkeeper coordinate an average of four public beach cleanups each month. They are Saturday mornings from 0900 to 1100. For more information, follow this link.
I Love a Clean San Diego
ILACSD hosts clean-up events that are open to the public throughout the year. There are two events coming up:
- Watershed Warriors: San Dieguito Community Cleanup on March 7th, 0900 to 1100
- Pick up trash from San Dieguito County Park and the surrounding neighborhood to divert waste from the San Dieguito watershed and preserve the area’s natural beauty.
- 18th Annual Creek to Bay Cleanup on April 25th, 0900 to 1200
- On Saturday, April 25, 2020 more than 6,000 volunteers are expected to participate at I Love A Clean San Diego’s 18th Annual Creek to Bay Cleanup. Volunteers, including local residents, community groups, and corporate teams are encouraged to sign up for a location in their neighborhood as a way to give back to the local environment during the week of Earth Day. From Alpine to Mission Beach and San Ysidro to Oceanside, there will be more than 100 cleanup sites throughout San Diego County where volunteers can participate.
For more information about these events, follow this link.