Captain Misael Cabrera
Education Flight Commander
Capt Misael A. Cabrera is the Operations Management Flight Commander for the 355th Logistics Readiness Squadron (LRS), 355th Mission Support Group (MSG), 355th Wing (WG), Davis-Monthan Air Force Base (AFB). In this position, he is responsible for the compliance and training of 455 airmen across 11 AFSCs as well as the management of resources and systems valued at $105M.
Capt Cabrera commissioned through the Air Force Reserve Officers’ Training Corps at San Diego State University and has served five years as an Air Force officer. His first assignment was to the 732d Air Mobility Squadron in Joint-Base Elmendorf-Richardson (JBER), Alaska where he led the Combat Readiness and Resources Section, the Passenger Services Section, and the Air Freight Operations Section, respectively. While at JBER, he directed the movement of over 20,000 passengers and 3,800 tons of cargo. He was then assigned to 12 Air Force (AFSOUTH) as the Chief of the Plans and Integrations Branch where he oversaw logistics sustainment of 31 countries in the area of responsibility.
- 2017 Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, San Diego State University
- 2017 Logistics Readiness Officer Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
- 2021 Master of Science in Operations Management, University of Arkansas.
- 2022 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, AL.
- June 2017 – August 2020; Aircraft Services Officer in Charge, 732d Air Mobility Squadron (AMS), Joint-Base Elmendorf-Richardson, AK.
- August 2020 – September 2021; Chief, Plans and Integrations Branch, 12 Air Force (AFSOUTH), Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ.
- September 2021 – PRESENT; Flight, Commander, Operations Management, 355th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
- Air Force Commendation
- Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
- Second Lieutenant May 24, 2017
- First Lieutenant May 24, 2019
- Captain May 24, 2021