Requirements and Scholarships
Basic Eligibility Requirements:
- Be a full time student at an accredited college that hosts or has a crosstown agreement with an Air Force ROTC detachment (43% of our students are from crosstown universities/colleges! Please check here to see if your college is one of those.
- Have at least three years of college or graduate school remaining (four years is preferred to make the classes more manageable)
- Be a US citizen
- Pass a Physical Fitness Assessment and meet body/weight standards (see age group and gender requirements here: PT 5 Year Score Chart updated 2021.pdf
- Pass a Department of Defense Medical Review Board (DoDMERB)
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above
Upon graduation and earning your commission as an officer, you will have a 4 year service commitment (some specialized fields have longer service commitments such as pilots-10 years, Combat Systems Officer/Air Battle Manager-6 years).
Air Force ROTC offers many different scholarships for high school students nearing graduation as well as college students who have already completed one year of ROTC. To find out more and get started click the link below: Scholarships | U.S. Air Force ROTC (afrotc.com)
- A career right out of college--the Air Force offers a variety of colleges to choose from. Find out about some of the career fields that may interest you at https://www.afrotc.com/life-after-rotc/
- Medical and Dental Care
- Low-cost Life Insurance
- 30 days of Paid Vacation
- Tuition assistance for advanced degrees
- Retirement Benefits
- Exciting Travel Opportunities
Air Force ROTC is a great opportunity to serve your country, get a degree and have a full college experience, further your leadership skills, and make an impact as an officer in the Air Force or Space Force.
Being an Air Force or Space Force Officer is a unique and exciting career path. If you are interested in receiving additional information, please contact us below to find out more!
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE CORE VALUES:
INTEGRITY FIRST. SERVICE BEFORE SELF. EXCELLENCE IN ALL WE DO.